Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hitching A Ride

As you recall, I left you two different stories about two different men.  I also peppered in a another one. That one doesn't really have much relevance, just yet.  He has plenty of relevance to my life.  I am just debating if that relevance is either good or bad.  Therefore, for the time being, he is skipped until further notice.

So I take you back one and two blogs.  Let's go back two blogs for a moment. I left you with Sexy Sales Guy.  This was the short one with the dark features who illuminated people's world for money and mine for free (although, it's not 'that' type of illumination...and not the dirty type either).  Enter confused face here.  I have, for about two years, had a crush on this man.  We had many chance encounters and learned a bit about each other with each encounter.  I also left you with an act that I committed.  I left a card on his car that was pretty vague, yet it referenced many conversations him and I had about the NCAA Basketball Championships of 2009.  Yes, I referred quite a ways back, but seriously, he couldn't have been that stupid enough to NOT know who it was. 

You will also remember Ol' Blue Eyes.  He was the one that I met a Smiley's Debacle and learned later at the Benefit that he asked out College Buddy's Sister.  I found this out at the Benefit in January of 2010.  Let's emphasize on this a bit more.  Now, Parole and Blue Eyes decided to stay at this venue and dance the night away with College Buddy and College Buddy's Sibling (the Debacle a year before).  Apparently, both Parole and Blue Eyes received a phone number of College Buddy's Sibling and both later tried calling her (the both of them at separate events).  Now, if you put enough liquor in one's system, anyone and everyone is gorgeous! Even the Parole child, who by the way has a child.  To my shock, he knows who the mother is! WOOHOO! Well, come time for the Benefit, we are all reunited except for the sibling.  Sibling, MIA.  I don't blame her.  Now, I was told of this story at the Benefit and wasn't really sure what was going on.  With the help of Instigator (Blue Eyes), he was happy to embark on the previous year's event that evening.  After many minutes of argument, and by far it was very entertaining to me, the conversation was over. 

Now, the Parole's ride was long gone (which was his mother, his friend, and his son who cannot drive but came because his father is the Parole) because he decided to stay and get drunk! As the Benefit's evening was coming to a close, Parole decided to volunteer a ride out of me, which wasn't happening.  I wasn't about to drive him anywhere and risk the chance of receiving any type of STD that was as drunk as the gifter of such a wonderful infection. 

Hey, the nice thing about herpes is that the memory of the person that gave it to you will never leave you! And if you forgot, a random burning feeling will let ya remember!!! YAY!  Well, I managed to escape. 

Later, I find out that Blue Eyes was left with such a gift, Parole.  It was very nice of him, and I am sure he enjoyed some hard core drunken action.  Well, think about it this way, the both tried leaving with someone, little did they know it would be with each other.

Any who, as Facebook allows, Ol' Blue Eyes found me thanks to mutual friends (whom I will kick later because of this) and sent me a message telling me he was stuck taking the drunken imbecile (Parole) to another bar! Who'd a thunk another bar?! Actually, I would and did think that. Shut up. There's always a beginning to another DUI story.  After a few messages, he grew up the nerve to ask me out.  I thought, "WOW! Persistent!" I had turned this guy down before because I was in a relationship, and he still asked me out a year later (and he knew I was no longer tied down to stalker boy...again...he'll have his day in another blog). 

There was a problem.

That same week he asked me out, I had placed the card on SSG's car!  I was waiting for what may have happened to that! So what did I do?  I said no.  Why?  Here was the excuse, he was Caucasian and a Republican and a devout Catholic.  Just in case we forgot here, I'm Arab, Democratic, and a devout Palestinian.  The Muslim thing doesn't affect me as much as being Palestinian. Can you imagine me bringing home a Republican?  "Hey mom, here's my Republican boyfriend!" and he introduces himself and asks why no one in the house goes by the name of Jihad. Although, that would be hilarious.  In fact, I would like very much for that to happen just for sheer entertainment. 

Again with the tangents. 

Ol' Blue Eyes gave me his two cents and it made plenty sense.  He tells me his view on the Palestine/Israel topic (which was shockingly great) and his belief of being different is great.  I thought after that, wow I'm screwed.  Here I am trying to get you off my back and you won't stop.  So I told him.  I said that I was persuing someone.  And that was the end of that. At least until I saw SSG the day after I placed the card on his car.

My mat is a bit damp tonight.  It's sweating from anticipation of what may happen next (even though it knows what happens next, but it doesn't want you to sweat alone).

No comments:

Post a Comment